Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Painting of Martin Blaskowitz has a first draft. I first put pen to paper on June 4, 2008, almost eleven months ago.

It took longer than the first book I did, which is probably as it should be.

"And I don't know what I'm feeling right now, but it's intense. I just walked around the block without really registering it. My hands were shaking, and an eye was twitching a few pages from the finish. It's...man. I won't be at all surprised if no one has the same experience reading it, thinks it's ho-hum or predictable or whatever...but still. I took that text word by word, and performed some act on each of those components, and then wrote it all down. I owned it...but it's doing a good job of owning me."

I wrote that three and a half years ago and five or six projects ago.

I owned this one too, and they all do a good job of owning me. I need a nap.

No comments: