Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Another vaguely accomplishful day.

Signed up for the Penguin Plunge today. Translated a few paragraphs of one story, transcribed 1,500 words or so of another.

Also, I finally registered to vote. The Voter's oath was empowering, and it really was about damn time. Looking forward to Town Meeting Day in March. Vermont, bastion of old-school town-level democracy, baby. In any event, it's been a buoyant last four or five days, for the most part. Two quotes seem to have weight for me at the moment, which I will herewith record.

"The suspense is terrible. I hope it lasts." ( Oscar Wilde by way of the original "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory")
"For you will still be here tomorrow/but your dreams may not" (Cat Stevens.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the fat german boy combined with memories of a terrible 'Boyzone' cover.. you just made my day.

Happy New Year I might add.

To answer your question. NY was insane...I might just move there to see if I can stand the insanity for more than 2,5 days, which I spend inebriated and sleepless.

I'll post the link with pictures on my website, with some added comments soon, so you can check out.. oh let's say... our ridiciously big limo, me promoting Pepsi Max *Yught that stuff is sweet* and us skating on Rockafeller. Ow and the Helicopter!

AS I said, it was insane...

Andrew said...

Agnes shilling "Pepsi Max." That's an amusing notion.

Anonymous said...

As I said, I'll put the link to the pictures on line asap to provide you with some on hands promotion: Me holding a can op Pepsi Max and a cardbord Pepsi Max monkey...

Amusing at least, if nothing else