Monday, January 12, 2009

From a potential cousin in Slovakia...

My potential cousin from Slovakia:

"Pamätám, že môj dedo hovoril, ze ma niekoho v amerike, dodnes dokonca pise listy tam. ale zabudla som, kde konkretne. vies, my sme veľmi hyperaktivna rodina..."

"I remember my grandfather told me he had some [relative] in America and even still writes letters there, but I forgot where exactly. You know, we're a very hyperactive family..."

a) This is quite interesting to me personally, as I hadn't anticipated Facebook would have genealogical applications.
b) It's good to know I at least have reasonably independent corroboration that it's a crazy family to be a part of. (I know, I know, that's true of everyone, but it's nice to hear that coming from a Slovak to a mere Faux-vak.)

No comments: